General Operations and Project Manager-MVD Express
We are looking for a professional, seasoned General Operations and Project Manager to plan, direct and coordinate all operations for up to 10 locations.. You will be responsible for improving performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability through the implementation of effective methods and strategies. You will manage company assets on a daily basis. This is a salaried position.
The focus of this position is a confident, independent action, initiative, a sense of urgency, and the ability to make decisions and take responsibility for them. A well-suited candidate can react and adjust quickly to changing conditions and come up with practical ideas for dealing with them.
The style is purposeful, directed at getting things done quickly. There is a great deal of challenge and pressure, and people and problems must be handled with confidence and determination.
This job requires self-assurance and competitive drive. There is a strong demand for high quality, organized and repeatable results. The responsibilities are broad in scope, encompassing a wide variety of activities requiring rapid shifts in priorities.
Operations Manager: Reporting to the Director of Operations and/or Chief Operating Officer and serving as a member of the Senior Management Team, this position's primary responsibility is ensuring organizational effectiveness and growth of assigned region by providing hands on management, leadership and accountability of the organization's operational functions and also contributes to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies, procedures and practices. As a Project Manager, this individual will be responsible for the growth of the Company to include additional locations throughout the state. Manages the processes and overall activity for all assigned branch locations of MVD Express. Familiar with a variety of business concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Must understand and comply with all MVD and State policies and procedures and set a clear example of management professionalism and accountability.
Skills / Requirements
OPERATION MANAGEMENT: Will be required to perform training in remote offices to all employees as regulations/policies are modified by either the state of New Mexico, Montana or MVD Express. Will be required to ensure follow up and management accountability of all MVD processes and assigned locations. Will perform Same Page Strategy training on numerous topics to initiate consistent best practices in all MVD Express offices.
AUDITING SKILLS: Will be required to perform auditing assignments within each location to ensure compliance with regulations, policies, cash handling, and other areas as designated. Must be familiar with auditing procedures, follow up and implementation.
EDUCATION: Must have a minimum of 2 years experience in a Customer Support Role and 2 years in a General Management role or a Bachelor's Degree with 2-4 years of experience in a related area.
- Must have proven progressive management experience.
- Must have hands on management experience that includes employee development, team building, coaching, holding accountable, and progressive discipline Must have proven successful project management that includes but not limited tracking and reporting of opening new locations.
- Must have the ability to learn and retain extensive knowledge of MVD Express processes, procedures, and policies quickly.
- Improve the operational systems, processes, and policies in support of organization’s mission -- specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning.
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of all branch locations through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between support and business functions.
- Play a significant role in long-term planning, including an initiative geared toward operational excellence.
- Oversees MVD systems and efficiencies (schedules, hours to money, etc.).
- Supervise and coach office managers on a weekly basis.
- Possess Logical Communication Skills to Ensure Objectives are Accomplished
- Responsible For Maintaining Updated State Regulations
- Ability To Work In A Structured Team Environment
- Must Be Detail Oriented & Possess Multi Task Capabilities
- Must Maintain Confidentiality In All Aspects
- Other Duties As Assigned
Must pass a criminal background check.
- Must be able to travel 50% of time
- Physical Ability - Must be able to lift up to 20 lb.
- Must possess necessary dexterity and "fine motor skills" to operate department office equipment (i.e. telephone, PC, keyboard, printer, fax machine, copier.)
- Visual - Must possess adequate vision to effectively view computer monitors, various business documents, MVD Express financial reports, etc.
- Hearing - Must possess the ability to hear and use a telephone.