MVD Express-ACCOUNTS PAYABLE S SPECIALIST
MVD Express is seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist to join our Finance/Accounting team. This role is responsible for managing the timely and correct entry of all incoming invoices and credit card charges, will prepare payments to vendors, and will participate in the month-end closing process. In addition, he/she will provide administrative support to the Accounting department and corporate. Knowledge of Quickbooks, Excel, and financial reporting required.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Process expense and vendor invoices
- Maintenance of specific general ledger accounts
- File invoices per company protocol
- Research and respond to outside and inside accounting inquiries in a timely manner
- Vendor Set-Up processing
- Provide the administrative and clerical needs of the Accounting Department
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelors in Accounting, Finance, or related area preferred
- Accounts payable experience including data entry of invoices, coding, vendor set up, research, and reconciliation.
- Experience working within retail industry a plus
- Experience managing multiple companies/entities a plus
- General ledger experience highly preferred
- Proficient in accounting software, experience with Quickbooks Enterprise preferred
- Advanced or highly proficient skill set in Microsoft Office systems and software (Excel, Outlook, Word, etc.)
- Focus on excellent customer service both inside and outside the organization. Able to focus on team needs and support coworkers to meet team goals and deadlines.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage a high-volume workload, with ever changing deadlines and priorities. Must work well under pressure, meet multiple deadlines.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
*Must satisfy a background check.
MVD Express offers the following benefits:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short/Long Term Insurance
Paid Time Off
Pay: $31,000 to $33,000/year
Job Status: Full Time