MVD Express is seeking a Senior Accountant to assist with the accounting, financial reporting, financial operations and compliance functions at the corporate headquarters in Albuquerque, NM. This individual must thrive in a fast-paced, rapid growth, entrepreneurial environment and be goal oriented. He /she must have the ability to establish financial policies and develop a strong internal control environment. This person must be a value-add member of the accounting team and must become a trusted advisor to the company. The Senior Accountant is responsible for general accounting functions including GL management, reconciliations, consolidated financial reporting, budget and variance analysis, month and year-end close processes. The Senior Accountant will lead the successful and timely completion of audits and preparation of company financial records, resolving issues, implementing changes and reporting within required timeframes. This position will assist with the annual budgeting and forecasting processes; developing, maintaining, and communicating budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
The Senior Accountant will be hands-on and design, develop and coordinate business area, product and customer profitability analysis and reporting to drive business decisions at strategic, tactical and operational levels.
Roles & Responsibilities
:• Responsibility for specific accounting functions including but not limited to GL accounting, accounts receivable, payroll, and purchasing.
• Working closely with the other accounting team member, responsibility for monthly balancing of books and monthly account reviews; prepares and presents monthly financial statements.
• Directs the development and implementation of operating procedures designed to promote compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and to promote internal efficiency and accuracy in financial reporting.
• Responsibility for the preparation of corporate tax returns and quarterly income tax provisions and reviewing the work of external tax preparers to ensure timely, accurate reporting with all relevant tax authorities.
Maintain an efficient and cost-effective banking infrastructure and manage bank activity, including opening/closing of accounts, transfers between accounts, and electronic payments
• Reviews, evaluates and implements accounting systems, policies, and procedures.
• Provides management with timely reviews of organization's financial status and progress.
• Ensures compliance with statutory payroll and property tax reporting.
• Assists with company strategic planning and special projects as required.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
• Monitors financial trends and provides senior management with detailed reports and analysis; advise on problem matters and recommends courses of action designed to correct or reduce their impact.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Short/Long Term Disability Insurance offered.
Paid time off and Paid Holidays.
Skills / Requirements
Required Skills & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent.
• Proficient/Advanced in QuickBooks is critical. General working knowledge of additional ERP systems.
• CPA, CMA or CPIM preferred, but not required.
• Minimum of 3 - 5 years of combined public accounting or private industry experience.
• Retail and Omni-channel experience highly recommended.
• Working knowledge of forecasting and financial reports.
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; with ability to manage priorities and workflow, recognize problems and develop and implement solutions.
• Proven leadership and business acumen skills
• Commitment to excellence and high standards.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent PC and Microsoft Excel skills.
• Highly motivated with a willingness to assume responsibility and take ownership; must be able to work independently and with a team at all company levels.
• Must possess a strong sense of urgency to meet deadlines, while maintaining attention to detail and quality of work as well as be decisive under pressure.
*Must satisfy a background check.
Job Status: Full Time